Our new website is now live. We have made a number of improvements and refinements, along with moving from our co.uk address, to an org.uk address in line with Scout Association policy.
- Align to the new Scout branding (logo, colours and typeface)
- Increased GDPR compliance with privacy statement
- Cookies compliance with pop-up warning
- Refined contact arrangements with reliable email provided by Google Gmail
- New forms – dedicated joiner form and enquiry form
- New email addresses @sheerwaterscouts.org.uk for all appointed roles and all sections
- Re-organised Gallery which can display by sections and events
- Additional features behind the scenes to improve the events calendar and news service.
- Direct links to the group’s Twitter feed and Facebook group.
We have adopted new email addresses on the same domain. We will be adopting these over the next month and if you are part of a section, you will start receiving emails from the new org.uk address for that section or role.
The cost of the address change has been very small, as we have been accepted for Google not for profits, which means we can run the org.uk email addresses at no cost to us off the Google G-suite platform. Our new web site address was donated to the group without charge and we will just continue to pay a hosting fee to Scout Websites, who designed the website framework and hosts our web pages as before.
Comments, suggestions, additions? Complete a contact form and we’ll get back to you.